Care & Wash Instructions
How to make your Be Encouraged Tee last longer?
WASH YOUR T-SHIRT INSIDE OUT
Turning your garment inside out prior to washing minimises fade and screen print damage. You have chosen a Be Encouraged Tee because you believe in its message, so make sure it lasts.
Although our Be Encouraged Tees are pre-shrunk, they can still shrink a little, if washed and dried at hot temperatures. We recommend you wash your Be Encouraged Tee at a cooler temperature (no more than 30″C) to preserve the artwork and minimize shrinkage. .
SAY NO TO TUMBLE DRYING
Natural drying is where it’s at. High heat is probably the worst enemy of Be Encouraged Tees (and most clothes). Technically, Be Encouraged Tees can be tumble dried, but please be aware this may quicken the aging process of your t-shirt. Please also be aware that high heat shrinks cotton fibres. We recommend you hang it out to dry naturally instead, out of direct sunlight and turned inside out.
DO NOT IRON PRINT
Only ever iron your print if you absolutely have to. And if you have to, then iron inside-out on the lowest possible setting, or place a towel over the image to protect it from smudging.
Do we need a Recap?
- Turn garments inside out
- Set washing machine on a cotton cycle.
- Cold water.
- Home laundry detergent (i.e.: Tide® or All®).
- Do not use bleach whether separate or contained within the detergent.
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide either alone or as part of a detergent (i.e.: OxyClean®).
- Do not use lye based, tallow or home-made soaps.
- Do not use fabric softeners.
- Natural drying.
- Avoid pressing with open steam.
- Do not use starch.
- Do not use excessively hard water, use of a softening agent (i.e.: Calgon®) or water softening systems.